← The other, and inferior, College JCRs

Complaints Procedure

The College is here to do its best to make sure that you enjoy your time at University. We want you to come to feel that it is YOUR College and that it will remain so, long after you have graduated and got on with the rest of your life. However, with the best will in the world, things may go wrong from time to time. Should they do so, we hope that you will be able to call on the facilities of the College to help put them right. We may not always be able to do so, but we will try.

Comments about any aspect of the College’s provision, including comments about College Officers, should be addressed in the first instance to the Principal. Comments about the Principal should be addressed to the Pro Vice Chancellor for Student and College Affairs.

The Principal will normally investigate a complaint and, within a reasonable time, respond as positively as possible. Again, if you are not satisfied, you can ask that the matter be referred to the Pro Vice Chancellor for Student and College affairs.

If your comment takes the form of a formal complaint, you should put it in writing and the response will be in writing. If you wish the complaint to be anonymous, it should be routed through an Officer of the JCR.

Don’t forget, the JCR is there to represent your views as a Cartmel Student so it is important that you keep abreast of what is going on – and maybe even stand for election – so that the College can be responsive to the people it is there to serve.

Contact details of college staff can be found on the SCR page.
More information on your JCR.